Paris 2012

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Shamelessly Family

OK, I said I'd not bore you with family pics, but we're having such a great time together I've got to show off at least a little bit.  So this post will be all family.  If you're not into this sort of thing, pass it by.



This is what the face of lots of schlepping and a mostly sleepless night sitting up looks like.

Walkin' in the 'hood after dinner.  The family & the Bastille Column.






Place des Voges, 5 min. from the apt.

















Jeff & Nora sharing a falafel in the Marais.

Beth waves from the apartment window.   Immoblier = real estate office.




An "only in France" moment.  A chocolate eclair bench outside a chocolate shop.  Nora takes a rest.



















About to buy Metro tickets, a carnet of 10 is the best deal.



















                            Metro training...checking out the Metro map.

























Moules et frites...a mandatory dinner when in Paris.

Chillin' at the Trocadero.




































You know how we are all self critical about how we look in a photo?  Most of  the time I have to ask Susanne if a photo of me looks all right because often I can't tell.  This one even I approve, so I have to show it off.  Indulge me, please!!!!  Beth took it.





Susanne & I were strolling around the Beaumarchais Street Market when we came upon these two cute little French girls.  What's really amazing is they spoke fluent, accent-less English!  French, not so much.















Breakfast at the street market.

We did it...our picnic at Place des Voges.   What a job putting it together...the food (we cheated, bought most of it at the Monoprix instead of schlepping to the boulongerie, charcouterie, fromagerie, etc.) & the supplies.  We did pick up an assortment of olives, pesto tapenade, babaganoush & hummus from the olive vendor at the Market.  (He's very sneaky, handing out all those samples.)  And I still forgot the cornichons. 

When we arrived we had to choose between sun & shade, we chose sun.  Then the grey clouds arrived, the wind picked up & the temp dropped.  This photo has all the color drained out but it didn't affect our mood. We had the largest, most complete picnic going...a number of passing folks snapped our pic.

[Apologies for the lousy spacing in this post.  The Blogger editor still drives me crazy.  What the editor "edits" doesn't always come thru when I do a preview of what the post is supposed to look like.  Trying to adjust it often makes it worse.]


1 comment:

Cousin Rachel L. said...

Personally, I really enjoy the family pics! They add a sweet personal touch to the beauty of the city. :-)