Paris 2012

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Quick Status Report

Earlier I mentioned using Le French Mobile for my SIM cards.  There were some minor glitches, but I did get all three phones up & running.  I had to use their phone tech support which has limited hours (6 hrs. a day, closed Sunday) but once I got to them, they were very helpful.

Jeff tried to get his iPhone 5 up & running...it didn't work. The Apple people don't do SIM cards, referred Jeff to Orange, the biggest mobile provider in France.  Several Orange stores he tried don't stock iPhone SIM chips.  Go figure.   They're now halfway thru their stay so it doesn't matter anymore.

Thanks to a suggestion from friend Daira, we tried a homeopathic remedy appropriately called "No-Jet-Lag".  Well, we took it & had no jet lag.  While correlation is not causation, we'll certainly take it on the way home & maybe it'll become a staple in our travel meds.


No comments: