Paris 2012

Friday, August 2, 2013

Practice Blog #2

First of all, thank you for your comments.  I appreciate & enjoy them BUT, if I take time to respond that takes time away from blogging.  So...know that you are not being ignored!

I learned from the last blog (I subscribe both by RSS & by email) that email subscribers don't see the video.  I don't post that many, but when I do I will post a link to the blog so you can go there on the web to see it.

Last year, I did get blog fatigue.  There was one more blog for the last few days of pics, but when we got home, life @ home got in the way.  So I'm looking at those last pics, will use them in these practice blogs & try to remember what we took & why.

Also...Susanne takes pics often of objects & some of people.  I have yet to succeed in having her write a guest blog, so I'll show some of her photos.  Since I'm left-handed & she is right, I can always tell who took the portrait photos.

OK, enuf jabbering.  Here are a few Susanne pics, they speak for themselves.



I guess it takes the passage of time to appreciate a simple photo of an ordinary thing.




Wrought iron grill work is common in Paris.




Shorts & platform heels were popular last year.  It will be interesting to see what's "in" this year.




More ironwork.  


And lastly, one of Susanne's truly grate photos.
















Night pics with a point & shoot camera are problematic.  The aperture goes wide open, the shutter speed slows down & Mr. Blur makes an unwelcome visit.

This shot of the back of Notre Dame was taken from Pont de Sully, the Seine bridge nearest our apartment.  As I recall, we were walking back from tango-on-the-Seine.

I now have a miniature tripod so hopefully we can banish Mr. B.








Lots of symphony & opera are available in Paris, but it is just getting started about the time we leave.

There was a time when one of the small museums had THE piano on which Chopin & Liszt would informally perform both individually & with four hands for their friends.  But apparently, it became too valuable of a piece of history & is no longer there.  Quelle domage!!




OK, that's it for now.

No comments: