Paris 2012

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Caught Between Jet Lag & Few Photos

Here I am wide awake the first morning at 3:30am, tried to get back to sleep, finally got up at 4am.  Only 2 pics from last night, here they are.




 


One of our rules for coping with jet lag is to eat lightly & no alcohol for the first 24-36 hours.  This called for a dinner visit to our favorite creperie to share our favorite crepe...jambon, ouef, fromage.  It tasted so good!!!  




I mentioned last year that as you walk Paris, the monuments pop out at you unexpectedly.  Here is the Bastille column at dusk.  Wish I had caught it sooner, maybe for better colors.













Today we finish provisioning the apartment with food & supplies (probably at Marche d'Aligre & also check in with Susanne's friend Rachid from years past) and get our cell phones.  Then we'll do a bit of touring.  We usually go to the Eiffel Tower just to confirm we REALLY are in Paris.

Some housekeeping.

It is very easy to sign up for an email subscription as detailed earlier.  However, if you change email addresses or for any other reason you want to delete an email address from this blog, that you cannot do.  But I can...easily.  Just send me a comment or email & I will do it. 

It's a bit of a pain to type French words on an English keyboard while respecting the accent marks.  I'm going to pass on that & technically misspell words like "Marche" above.

I enjoy your comments/emails & encourage them but as mentioned I may not reply.  I'm thinking I might set aside some time on a non-blog day and respond.  We'll see.

I will occasionally post a pic or two on Facebook, but for the real skinny, it's in the blog.

No comments: