Paris 2012

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Internet Driving Me Crazy

As I mentioned previously, the internet here is slow and only allows one PC connected at a time; Susanne & I each have a tablet.  I knew that in advance; we can work around both.  An added "feature" is that the internet drops out & stays out for a long time.  That interferes with my blog; the previews don't load.  Even getting up in the middle of the night doesn't work.

So I may have to create my posts offline, then publish them after we settle into our Barcelona apartment.  That may mean few or no posts for the next 10 days.

This post works cuz it's short & there are no photos.

Sorry!!!

P.S.  Everything else about the cruise is great!  Today is the first of five days at sea.  We're on our own, no herding or schlepping for tours.

Last night, the Jews on the cruise gathered for Shabbat services.  A volunteer was needed to lead the services.  We all stood around waiting for someone to step up...to break the impasse, I did it.   My singing voice is awful.  The prayer melodies I've sung all my life abandoned me.  But I got thru it and everyone thanked me which was their way of saying "Better you than me, buddy.".  The ship's bakery puts up a terrific challah.

We have Passover coming up next week.  The ship will provide everything logistically...a special place at a dining room, haggadahs, wine, a Passover meal but someone has to lead the seder.  Don't ask!!!

Tonight is dinner in the specialty Italian restaurant.  I'm tending towards the Cioppino but a small portion so I can also dig into the Osso Buco. Susanne doesn't plan ahead, food-wise.

This post is getting longer, so I'd better quit.

No comments: