Paris 2012

Thursday, August 6, 2015

It's me, Susanne...

This trip granted me a whole new appreciation of the skies of Montana.  Each time I looked up, whether in the car or walking about, another amazing vista opened up.  Clouds come in so many colors, sizes and shapes.  I viewed tufts of clouds that resembled pink cotton candy, and others that looked like the great "Sky Chef" above stirred the pot to make clouds appear like steam, marshmallows, or suspended so low I felt I could reach up and actually touch them.  And...when the skies presented a fiery sky, I was often rendered speechless.

I labeled the following photos, "Sky Paintings".

















The haze in the following photo show evidence of the Glacier fires.  Our Big Sky we've been enjoying seems to have taken a vacation for a spell. 



But...not for long.  the beauty in the sky continues to play out.
 



I complete my "Sky Paintings" with a lovely sunset that almost took my breathe away.  My future posts, I will (try) to keep my camera straight ahead to share other experiences we are enjoying.


2 comments:

Rachel L. said...

Finally have a chance to catch up the blog today...
Love all the photos, quips, facts, and tidbits. And, Susanne, your sky photos are amazing ... almost feel like I'm there. Such beauty!
What a wonderful adventure you two are on! :-)
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Great trip to Montana sitting at my study desk! Best Doug P