Paris 2012

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This 'n' That (Briefly)

I previously mentioned returning to Tony's Pizza & seeing Jimmy. Here is a shot of Jimmy & Susanne:




Below is a rack of the Velibs down the street from our apartment. The lady on the right was just returning hers while the lady on the left is completing her transaction to rent.



A short distance away is a line of electric cars being charged at parking places on the street. They are obviously for rent, probably by the hour. A logical extension of the Velib. What a grand idea! The big drawback of a totally electric car is the limited range. But if rented by the hour and perhaps having the same rent-it-here, leave-it-there approach as the Velibs, limited range is not important. This becomes a very useful, environmentally friendly solution, especially in a dense, urban area where not only daytime parking but overnight parking are major problems.


Here is the Citroen 2CV (Deux Chevaux, two horses, 2 cylinder engine), France's post WW2 answer to the VW. Basically a 4-wheeled lawnmower with a cab containing a steering wheel & two lawn chairs. It's been converted to a low cost tour bus. As I said last year,it wasn't comfortable then, can't be comfortable now.

I am using a Google service called Blogger.com for this blog. B.c did a Facebook, i.e. switched me to a new format while I was using the old one. Can't combine them, so I'm publishing this old format blog & hoping for the best with the new format.

Coming up, I've got more misc. pics that I intended to add to this post plus my visit today to the Paris Police Museum.




























No comments: