Paris 2012

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Will I Over-Blog?

This is so darned easy compared to the old email process.  Will I blog too much?

Susanne & I are packing for the trip.  I tend to pack early so I discover my problems sooner.  So far I am amazed...50 lbs. limit.  I think I have everything packed & I'm at 47 lbs.

Of course I'll eventually find other things to pack.

On every trip, especially the ones overseas there are items we should've brought didn't.  So we compile a "Next Trip" file.  I found it today.

I never wear shorts anywhere except around the house or to the fitness center in summer.  But they're nice for hanging out in the apartment or hotel.
Shorts: Check.

Sandals are fine for Arizona, but not often seen in Paris.  Nice for around the hotel.
Oldest, crummiest sandals to be worn then left behind: Check

In Paris you bag your own groceries at the supermarket. In Montreal, you're charged 5¢ for each bag they give you.  So, it's BYOB.
Purple net bag from Wild Oats: Check.

Zip lock baggies in various sizes are handy.  Don't want to buy a box of each.
Zip locks, 5 each in various sizes: Check

European hotels do not supply wash cloths.
Wash mitt from prior trips: Check

OK, photo time:

As we were walking along Rue Faubourg St. Antoine, an ecole was letting out. Kids are kids everywhere.  I love 'em!  This was four years ago before cell phones became standard equipment for the younger set.  In Europe cell phone service is much more expensive.  So it'll be interesting to see if the kids have them.

No comments: